Monday, April 26

bike & track

Had a great bike ride yesterday. A solo 3 hour hill ride. I kept my heart rate in check and enjoyed the St. Paul scenery. Rode by the River Centre, Children's Museum, Xcel Center, river, fort snelling, parkway... it had just about everything a great city can offer. One of my goals for the ironman training is to incorporate this hill ride once a week. I will hopefully join the Birchwood Wed night hill ride for the most part, but putting it in as my long ride works well also.

Monday morning I woke up and hit the track. My legs were a little heavy-feeling, but a rest day is around the corner, so I knew I could handle it. I did not hit my paces exactly - was trying to hit the 400s in 1:30 and came in a few seconds short on each - hey, at least I was consistent! Hit the 300s and 200s, so that was good. My plan this month until school gets out is to do track on Monday mornings and then rest until the Tuesday evening swim. That gives me over 24 hours of rest and that will be considered my rest day. And swimming is a low-impact sport, so I think this will work just great. We'll see.