Friday, April 23

moving on...

Since the marathon I was able to successfully heal my calf by taking a week off of training and then easing back into running, biking, swimming. The bike & swim parts came back pretty quickly, but running took a bit to get that calf back to normal strength. As of today, it still tightens up a bit on the hill runs and track sessions, but nothing that a little extra icing & stretching won't heal.

My goal for the next few months is to really focus on the biking. I got a new bike seat and a new bike fitting. I am looking forward to seeing some results from both of these. I am up to 3 hours on the long bike and my goals for the next 6-8 weeks is to get in some very efficient bike sessions. 4 bike sessions per week for a while. And making sure one of these is the hill route. Bike, bike, bike. That's the name of the game!

So far, so good. I had a few scheduling conflicts, but I am fully enjoying the bike scene. Lucky for us, the weather has been unusually warm and we have been able to get off our trainers quite a bit! Good things to come...