Tuesday, May 17

Back!

It's time to fire this thing up!

Where have I been? Hmm... not sure. I guess, to sum it up, I... trained for an ironman, went to Hawaii, rested & recovered, revamped my social life while maintaining my fitness base, made it through the long & cold winter and now I'm gearing up to do it all over again. It took a while to get that urge back, but when it comes down to it, I miss it. I miss the feeling of working toward a big goal, of challenging myself, noticing progress, smashing myself, fitting it all in and wearing those compression socks. I just finished up a big project at Libby's school and spring has finally sprung, so it's a good time to start my journey. Create some goals and let the fun begin. The title of my blog is pretty much perfect because the front runner on this journey is going to be - Tiki. Tiki and I will need to spend a LOT of time together in the next year and 4 months in order for me to get to that starting line feeling ready. I have big goals... the goal is going to be fairly simple though, nothing too fancy. My goal is going to be - to train hard enough and be ready both physically & mentally to arrive in Madison, WI September of 2012 with the confidence that I could qualify for Kona. That's it. It's lofty, it's going to take a lot of work, but it's realistic and I know I can do it.

Another one of my goals is to document my journey with this blog. Hopefully that will be a tool for me to reach that "mental" part of the goal. Another goal is to have fun along the way. Because, really, that's why I'm doing this - to have FUN! The minute this experience as a whole is not fun is the minute I need to find a new hobby. Here's a preview of what is to come on this journey...

-TIKI!
-Birchwood Cafe
-Twin Cities Marathon
-trainer rides
-Crossfit
-primal blueprint
-date nights with Mike at Birchwood
-masters swim
-hill ride
-women's ride
-road races
-The Fix
-smoothies
-compression socks
-urban tri race kit
-sweat
-nerves
-ice baths
-Prescott
-century rides
-Mexico!
-hard work
-FUN!
-training buddies
-the stick