Saturday, February 21

Endurance Ride

Today was another endurance ride at the crosstown club.  Here's how it works:  the first month (Jan) was 90 minutes, Feb jumped up to a 2-hr ride, March is 2.5 hrs and April is 3 hrs.  These rides are the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month.  Darcy is the instructor and she is awesome.  She makes the time fly by - we break it up and do intervals or drills, we watch the TV series "24" or we listen to a comedian.  She doesn't talk the entire time, just enough.  I really enjoy these rides and am increasing my endurance all at the same time.  Perfect!

Well, today we had a sub... This guy talked the entire 2 hour class, I never knew what was coming next, he chatted with 2 women and the rest of us could only hear one side of the conversation (through his microphone).  Let's just say it was very good mental training.  It was tough.  I think that is probably just what I needed.

But thank god Darcy will be back next time!