Tuesday, March 10
Perspective
Today during my tough spin class workout I gained some perspective and was reminded of this two more times throughout the day. The first one came when I was dropping Charlie off at school and ran into the woman who started his school. She was saying her son didn't get to bed until 3:30am! This is a regular occurance in their household. Then, during my spin workout the super energetic and in shape workout instructor guy told us about his night - his son who has down syndrome, came down with a bad flu and threw up 25 times, they went to the ER late last night, admitted him, his wife stayed at the hospital, he took their daughter home around 1am, got a call at 2am that his wife had passed out, so he had only had 2 hour of sleep. Later in the morning I met a friend for coffee who was also telling me that they rarely get a good night's sleep at their house due to their son with autism. Wow. I gave extra effort in the spin class in honor of everyone who needs a good night sleep!