Saturday, April 25

break in the action

There seems to have been another break in the action. This break wasn't due to lack of motivation, that is just plain frustrating. This break had more to do with life just getting in the way, family time, my Grandma's funeral and I ended up not getting enough sleep basically the entire week. I'm ok with this week and the workouts that were dropped. It wasn't a complete loss, I did get a decent swim in as well as my long run on Thursday - 14 miles. But, this week has inspired me to think about some things that need to change around here...

-sleep - I absolutely need more sleep or my workouts are just not productive. Especially at the beginning of the week.

-nutrition - I'm not terrible in this area, but it could use some fine-tuning.

-focus - I need to be careful about setting up meetings and coffees and other social engagements. I need to be more protective of my workouts, they're important to me.

I have a big week coming up here, a half marathon just around the corner and hopefully lots of outdoor riding on the horizon. Ready, set, go...