Tuesday, April 21

the not-so-scary bike club

This week is all about facing my insecurities, fears, going out of my comfort zone. Today, this had to do with biking. I headed out on my road bike and went to meet the new bike team. This team has a weekly ride for women and some are into bike racing, some are into tris, and I guess that's all I really know about them. I'm not sure what pace they roll or if they're too competitive, or maybe not competitive enough? As I rode to Birchwood Cafe a lot of these questions popped in my head and I started to get nervous, almost turned around even. Well, once I got there I was relieved to find that these women were - just like me! They want a good workout, to ride with a group and even have some fun along the way. I am more than excited about the decision to join the team. I plan on making the Tuesday ride a routine for me and I expect to learn a lot and get faster on the bike! I also have a goal to try out the Wed night hill ride. Conquering these fears feels good!!