Friday, April 3

friday fun

I did two workouts this morning, but the "fun" portion of "friday fun" comes after the workouts. I did 4 50th St hills and 4 frontage road hills with Julie this morning. They flew by because of great conversation, but we were both completely out of breath on the top of the 3rd and 4th hills, brutal. Then after dropping Charlie at school, I headed to Crosstown for my tempo swim. 6x200 and then 2 50 meter sprints at the end. I had to share the lane with a pool jogger, which was a first for me. I am so glad I did this workout. I was feeling pretty tired on my way there trying to keep the focus to get there and get in the water. Today I got to the pool and saw the... water aerobics! Dang. I noticed the 2 lanes were full, so I headed back to the hot tub. I sat there for a couple minutes and decided I can't leave the club with no workout done. My attempt to get a lane was pretty weak, and, wait, was the one lane really even full or weren't those water aerobics ladies? Ok, I need to at least try a little bit harder. And then I can enjoy some relaxation with that great feeling of having the workouts done. So, I went back and I got a lane within about 5 minutes.

Now, for the fun... hot tub, hot shower, coffee, lunch, a little reading. And that's what "friday fun" is all about.

Upcoming for the weekend - 2 long workouts, 3 hour bike and a 12-mile run. Both long, but comfortable paces... give my heart rate a little break. I'm looking forward to that!