Wednesday, April 15
Hot! ???
I can't believe I'm actually going to type this, but my tempo run today was - HOT! It was in the upper 60s when I headed outside for my run. I did a tempo run of 1 mile easy, 2 miles at 7:30, 1 mile easy, 2 miles at 7:30, 1 mile easy. I have done all of the tempo runs up to this point on the treadmill so this was a bit different. Not only was it outside, but it was hot... and very difficult. I was so happy to make it through this one, but it was a mental struggle. I tried the mantra trick from Desiree and it seemed to help. I chanted "fight, believe, champion" I like the first 2 words, but I need to find a good third one - "champion" didn't seem to mean much to me. I'll work on that. I'm feeling good this week, ready for some more run workouts. And hoping my new shoes arrive soon.