Sunday, April 5

long run Sunday

My favorite workout of the week... the long run. My expectations were low for this one because of my 3 hour trainer ride the day before, so I was interested to see how this 12-miler would go. I was a little grumpy getting out the door. There was a fresh snow and it was cold and windy. Grrrr. I was looking around for excuses to not run today, but couldn't quite come up with anything good. I'm happy to report that things brightened up throughout the run. I felt comfortable temperature-wise as well as pace. I'm still not paying attention to my pace on the run, but for the first time I decided to wear the Garmin and look at the pace once I got home. I was hoping to average under 9:00 miles and I ended up averaging 8:35, well under. :) So, I was pleasantly surprised with the run today. I enjoyed it, my legs loosened up and the trainer ride didn't seem to be an issue for me. One thing I know for sure... I am REALLY looking forward to shedding these layers and running in some warm spring weather. Any day now spring weather... hint hint.

Overall a great week of training and now I am looking forward to an off-day tomorrow as well as a bit of a recovery week.