Monday, May 4
Brick workout
I made a decision that I'm not going to do much tapering this week for the half marathon on Saturday. I'm not quite sure what I want to get out of this race though... It is more about the big picture, which right now is my main race this season, Kansas 70.3. Not tapering will help prepare me for race day. But... I would love to get under 1:40, a half-marathon PR. And... another thing, I am not the most confident about this race. I feel a little under-trained in this area. Anyway, decisions, decisions... Today I had a brick workout, rode Tiki down by the river and hopped on the greenway. As I was crossing over Hiawatha and looking at downtown I decided I would love to get a job downtown when I go back to work so I can commute on the greenway by bike. That would be so cool. My run off the bike was a little shaky. I guess it's been a while and the memories came back quickly as to what it feels like to run off the bike. One word: ouch.