Monday, May 25

Triple Brick

Camp Tiki is going well. I am doing a ton of great workouts and when I think I've had enough I do another one. It's a little mind-blowing to wake up so sore and then have a hard workout to do. But all of this is great practice for the run portion of the half-ironman. It's not like you start the half-marathon feeling peppy and fresh. More like the opposite of peppy and fresh! One of my favorite workouts I accomplished this weekend was my "triple brick" (yes, I named it that). I did this on Saturday at the cabin. I biked hard for 30 minutes, ran for 30 minutes, biked 20, ran 20, biked 10, ran 10. This was great practice both physically and mentally and good transition practice as well. I started getting used to the excuses that would run through my head while starting out the run... maybe I should shorten it, I've done enough, this hurts, maybe I should take it easy. But it was battled out with the tough mindset of "this will help me in the race" and I did not give in to the cabin temptations. Knowing there was Rafferty's pizza and a cold beer waiting for me when I was done did help!