Wednesday, August 12

fatigue

I showed up to track and realized Julie and I were the only ones there. Where is everybody??? Oh, could it be they stayed home because it's wicked hot and humid!!??? Well, 2 more crazies showed up eventually, and Julie and I started out the prescribed workout - w/u, 4 striders, and 5 broken miles like this: 400, 600, 400, 200 - 30 sec. rest between these, c/d. The workout was for 3-5 of these and I totally thought 5 was doable. Well, to make a long story short, we did the first one way too fast and realized the 30 seconds rest was not much and really starts to catch up with you. I was working extremely hard and Julie and I agreed this was one of, if not the, hardest track workouts to date. I would guess the heat had to play a part in this. I jogged home, barely making it to the doorstep and more water! Ouch.

This is about when the fatigue started setting in. I didn't feel fully recovered the next morning and into masters swim. I'm hoping some rest on Friday will do the trick, er, after hills...