Thursday, August 27

Today my workout was masters swim - it went well and I am really glad I am keeping up swimming during the tri off-season. I think it really compliments my running, I enjoy it and it will help my ironman training immensely - I won't have to start from scratch. Once Libby is back in school I plan to go back to twice a week. Right now I am doing it once a week.

Today at swimming we did some workouts and there were 4 of us girls who were swimming everything the same. It was fun. We did 12 x 25s and basically touched the wall at the same time. Then we did a workout that consisted of a set of pulls, a 500 swim, then another set of pulls. It was interesting... I noticed that I would lag behind in the pull intervals and then once we hit the 500, I would catch up and pass near the end, then the pulls would even us out again. This proves what I had been thinking... I am weak in the arm strength, stronger in the endurance. Good to know these things so I can work on this. Once marathon training is over, I plan to work on strength training.

20 mile run coming up tomorrow morning, then we're headed to The Dells!