Friday, August 28

20-miler #2

Ran 20 miles today. It went well. I started out a little slow and had technical difficulties with the Garmin. I ran the first 5-6 miles with Julie, so it was great to break it up a bit and chat with her for a while. Our pace was a little slow, but that's ok. It's always good to start slow.

I looked at my watch and saw average pace 8:50 and thought it would be difficult to get down to my goal pace 8:20. I wasn't too concerned about it, but I watched the pace slowly drop throughout the run. I was feeling comfortable and ended at exactly 8:20. That was a nice bonus.

I was hurtin' when I got home and was having trouble walking around. I felt like an 80-year-old when I tried to lie on the floor to do some back stretching. My legs were sore for a couple days after this too. Maybe it had to do with hopping in the car right after the run to drive 4 hours to the Dells! oops. One more 20-miler to go on this program before the marathon! Gettin' down to it...