Today I had 2 workouts on tap - a tempo run and a swim. Due to some scheduling conflicts, I did the tempo run at the club first. I wasn't too worried about hitting paces because the marathon is so close. I just wanted to get a decent run with some speed in it. Good thing, because the paces prescribed were a little too uncomfortable for me! I don't know if it was the treadmill, the timing, or some built up fatigue. But, goal accomplished, and I felt good at the end. Now for the swim... got in and went to WORK. I had no idea Teresa had such a doozy on tap. It was a lot of leg work and speedy 50s with little rest. She wanted our heart rates to stay up, up, up... and that they did.
I felt great after that workout. The last big swim before the marathon. I'll probably jump out a bit early next week Tues & Thur. Taper time continues...