Monday, September 14

IM-WI 2010, it's official!!!

Wow, what a weekend. I am on a serious high right now after going to Madison to watch the Ironman race. I am so excited and motivated to do this Ironman race!!! Mary, Todd and I went to Madison together and we had so much fun. We volunteered and got to see the race from behind the scenes and also got to look into the eyes of the athletes taking on this great challenge. It was inspiring, emotional, fun and crazy all in one! I came away with a feeling that I want to do this and I know I can do this. Bring it on!

I took some time off training over the weekend, but actually ended up getting a nice workout in on Sunday during the race. We volunteered as "bike catchers" and grabbed bikes, ran them to the racks and then ran back. It felt like a major interval speed workout. And it was just so much fun!

I feel like my life has already changed since signing up for the race. Maybe because I got a glimpse of what I might feel like on race day. Maybe because I have started thinking and planning what it might feel like to put in the miles and miles of training. Maybe because I have started day-dreaming about what it might feel like to cross that finish line after hours out on the course. I'm not exactly sure, but I do know I'm ready to get this party started!