ok, so I skipped masters swimming today. I planned on going, I had a lot going on today and made the decision to squeeze it in, I packed my swim bag... well, I packed everything but my swimsuit. That's a problem. The funny thing is... before this year with masters I always secretly hoped I would someday forget my swimsuit and be forced to skip a swim. But now that I have this class that I love, I was actually really disappointed. I thought about going all the way back home to get it. That's not a good idea, just really not smart. I then thought I could buy one at Target since I had to get a few things there anyway. Well, they did not have any. Only skimpy bikinis on clearance, not gonna work. My husband suggested I swim naked or in my underwear. Uh, I don't think so! My only option left was to buy a super-expensive one at the club. I got as far as the parking lot and decided to do the smart thing and skip the swim, save the money and go on my way.
It was a good decision. But it's also a really good sign that I went through all of this just to try to get my swim workout in. I think I'm really growing up!
I'm getting prepared for a 22-miler tomorrow with Todd. I just got an email from him saying it's going to be a humid one... I'll keep you posted.