Wednesday, September 2

track day

Wednesday is track day. I'm not sure what exactly it is, but my body is very sore and I was dragging myself to the track tonight. I always get a surge of energy from the girls at the track. Today there were 4 of us doing the prescribed workout and 1 doing her own thing. It was nice to run with the group. On tap... 1-2 sets of 8x400s at 3K pace. I did my program and came out with 1:37 for my 3K pace. My first one was 1:33, a little fast. My goal was to keep all of them under 1:37. I ended up keeping it nice and consistent, so I was happy with that. My slowest was 1:35, most of them were right about 1:34. We did 1 full set and the next set we did 4 of them. Add some striders in there and a good run to and from the track and it was a great workout.

I will add that my legs feel very sore. I just can't seem to get into my feelin' good groove this week. I'm doing the workouts, but really need to pay attention to how I'm feeling. I don't want to overdo it. Tomorrow is a swim so I think that will help. I also feel a little cold coming on, so I need to get to bed early. And that's what I'm going to do.. right NOW!