Monday, December 28
is this thing on?
It's time to get this thing fired up again! The new year is coming up and with that comes new plans, new goals and new training schedules... I love that feeling. I feel a great year coming on. Recovery from the Twin Cities Marathon went very well and I have successfully moved into a new training schedule with adequate time off - not too much, not too little, perfect! I feel that is the key. I am prone to burnout and need to always be on the alert and make sure I avoid that. I have learned that what is most important is a balance. Making sure I get enough of an "off-season" without just letting it all go and having to start from scratch. I have incorporated some fun running, basically no pace goals, no watch, just out running for fun. I have added in a few shorter bike sessions to get those bike legs back under me and mixed it up with these on the trainer. I can honestly say right now, I enjoy the trainer rides. I'm not promising I will keep this attitude up the entire winter, but hey, I'll go with it. As far as swimming I am still enjoying the masters and have kept up a solid 2 per week swim schedule. Also, a big goal I have had for this off-season period is the strength training. I have done a weekly session with Darcy and have jotted down lots of strength workouts to use throughout training. I have also done my core work religiously with a med ball and even some weights at the club. At this point, I am feeling great. I am confident, right on track, feeling in shape but wanting more. I am ready to turn the calendar page and embark on a fun and rewarding 2010! Happy New Year!