After the race...
*Week 1 - took 3 days off, on the 4th day I swam masters, day 5 did yoga, 2 days off
*Week 2 - body pump with Darcy, 5 mile run, day off, masters swim, ran hills, 2 days off
*By week 3 I was getting back into a regular workout schedule and feeling good. I ended week 3 with a 10 mile long run and continued this 10-mile long run each week into the next training cycle (Atlanta marathon training) which started Dec 1st.
Starting Dec 1st, I not only started the Atlanta training schedule, but started a base phase of the ironman training. I started incorporating 2 trainer sessions per week at the end of October, so this continued, I added a mid-week tempo run on the treadmill, continued the 2 swims per week as well as strength training.
My goals for December included:
-21 core sessions (combination med ball and Runner's World core work)
-finish off the 16-week off season bike training
-also, since starting the new job, I needed to switch the masters class from day to evening.
I am happy to report I have hit all of these goals. I'm starting to think about some possible goals for January, so I will keep you posted on that.
So... that pretty much sums up what I have been up to! I hope to keep this blog consistent and document the fun year ahead. Let's do it!