Sunday, January 31

getting stronger

This has been a good week for me. Maybe it's due to coming off a recovery week, maybe it's that point in the training when things are clicking... but I feel stronger. I feel like my swimming has stepped it up a notch. My running feels effortless at times (even on the icy roads). I also feel like the strength training is playing a huge role in all of this. I feel stronger all around. As far as biking, that will come... right now it's a lot of base and that is exactly what it should be.

January is coming to a close and it's time to create some new goals for February and mix up the strength training routines a bit. I'm happy to report, I hit all my goals for January (well, that's assuming I do my scheduled 1:30 bike ride today and my core work). A day off tomorrow both work and workouts-wise, so I plan to take some time to create these goals. Mixing it up and keeping it fun has been key for me.

Some things to look forward to... new strength training routines, a long run in San Diego!, a new mix for my long bike ride, a day off Monday, watching the weather change and move toward spring...