And that is a wrap - on recovery week.
Sunday, January 24
Recovery Week
This week was a recovery week. To be honest, not much is different during the week. On the weekends is where I notice a difference. Later when volume and intensity during the week increases, I'll have to make sure to take it down a notch during the week too on recovery weeks. But this weekend, my long run was 13 miles and the long bike was an hour. The weeks workouts went well. I got a little behind on my core workouts, so ended up doing double a couple days. Ideally I would like to do one per day and not get into this habit - something to work on. My swimming seems to be coming along well. I am looking forward to adding in the 3rd swim here pretty soon. The freezing rain issue forced me onto the treadmill for my long run again (grrr!), so I did 3 intervals - 6 miles, 4 miles, 3 miles to make the 13 mile run. This was the last treadmill long run! (I've heard this before.! I've felt a little shin splint pain so I've been icing that this week. As of Saturday, it felt much better.