Wednesday, June 15

TCM Training Officially Begins...

First run of 10 miles in the books. Not sure how this is going to go. I felt ok for the 10 miles but now my foot hurts and this reminds me of about a week ago when I noticed a weird pain in my foot. I'm icing right now so I'll need to keep an eye on this. Crossing my fingers I don't start out with an injury!

In other news, I did my first tri of the year - Liberty Olympic. One word: ouch. It was a little rough doing this so undertrained and with an extra 10 lbs on me. There wasn't any "magic" that showed up. Basically, my results matched up with the training I had put in... a little blah. But, I'm hoping that this was the motivation I needed to get going and realize I can't "fake" this training thing. Getting out of shape is no joke, it happens and it happens rather quickly actually. So, I am busy making my plans and taking a look at the big picture of it all. My TCM training begins now, but really it's the ironman training that is beginning. I can't wait to get back in shape!