Monday, March 30

I'm back

I guess I took a little break there from blogging. And so here is an update.

I had another good week leading into San Diego and even did a decent workout while there. It was a great weekend getaway so I tried not to be too hard on myself in the workout area. Mission accomplished. Once I got back, things turned ugly. I tried to get back into the swing of workouts but just did not feel up to par. I thought it might have to do with getting back from vacation, maybe the crappy weather, maybe just an off day. I wasn't sure, but then it became clear that I was coming down with something. I ended up with strep throat and have since been taking antibiotics and it's almost gone. I took a couple days off and am hoping to get back into the swing of things this week. I tried a workout this morning in the pool, but felt dizzy and nautious so jumped out and will give it another shot tomorrow.

And although March Madness sort of fizzled out at the end, I consider it a success. I have developed some great habits that have become the norm now. Taking my vitamins, fish oil, drinking lots of water and doing my core has become a regular part of my day now and takes little to no effort to get it in. I also got some great momentum going with all of my workouts and it gave me a great base to work with for the rest of the training schedule. I have some upcoming fun goals that I will work toward to keep it fun and exciting.

11 more weeks until Kansas 70.3, my main focus race. I have revamped some of my training. I am more than ready to take some of these workouts outside. Track starts soon as well as lots of outdoor biking. Yay! Here is an outline of what my training looks like for the next 11 weeks:

1- getting back on track week
2- Libby's spring break, a recovery week
3- bike focused week
4- run focused week
5- swim focused week
6 - recovery week & half marathon
7 - FULL on week (Camp Tiki)
8 - FULL on week (Camp Tiki)
9 - normal
10 - 1/2 taper
11 - taper

More details to come... Game on!