Tuesday, March 31

jump-start

I was planning on "easing back into" the training this week. I showed up at the Tuesday spin class and decided as I was warming up that I would just take it easy. I admit, yesterday's failed workout had me a bit nervous. Am I still getting over the strep? Did I lose fitness? Am I just tired? Just an off day? I wasn't sure, but these negative thoughts had popped in my head. Well, long story short, halfway through the spin class I realized it was a jump-start I needed instead. I couldn't hold back and ended up giving it my all and then some. Darn spin instructor!! After taking a quick break, I headed to the pool and gave another full effort, 1800 m endurance swim. So, I'm officially back and ready to go. I feel tired, but in a good way, a refreshing sort of tired. Onward and upward... looking forward to a tempo run and another swim in the morning.

**side-note: I'm tracking these headaches. I had one come on today after the swim and last most of the day, less severe after dinner. I'll keep an eye on these.