Wednesday, April 1

holding on

Great news today - I got through another tempo run. Each week these tend to be the most difficult workouts. The 7:30 pace is not feeling very comfortable. I'm hoping that a solid month of these will help the comfort level here. Maybe doing it outside will help too, we'll see. But, the great news is... it's done. It was a 6-miler at 7:30 pace. I warmed up for 10 minutes and then set those buttons and told myself - no touching! At mile 3 I almost quit, but decided I was too far into it to stop. At mile 5 my mind tried to convince my legs (and fingers!) to trade this workout for next week's 5-miler and call it a day. No way, no can do. I needed to finish this one, and I did.

I finished up the day with some core and stretching.