Saturday, March 14

lane "mate"

Another double workout on tap for the day...

I did a long bike ride this morning on the trainer (1:45). I'll be honest, it was painful. It is just hard to be on the trainer for that long. It's great mental focus practicing though, blah blah. Even Barefoot Contessa wasn't doing it for me today. I was more focused on our new washer and dryer. I really wanted to get off and do the laundry. Wow, I guess it must have been bad.

The swim later in the afternoon was much better. I did a warm-up, some drills and the main part of my workout was 10 50-yd sprints. In the middle of this set, a guy wanting to share a lane waved a kickboard in front of my face just as I was about to go under for a flip-turn. It scared the crap out of me! I've never seen that "method" before. I guess I get spoiled at Chanhassen - there are more lanes and sharing is pretty rare around there. Anyway, I got through the sprints and a cool-down and called it a day.