Tuesday, March 3

March Madness Kick-off...

ok, we are officially into March now and it's time to "kick it up a notch". I've decided to make this a fun challenge - The March Madness Challenge. I have the plan all mapped out. It involves 4 check points each day --

1. water - drink 3 pink bottle of water each day
2. nutrition - eat clean every day & also take multi-vitamin/fish oil each day as well
3. core work - follow the Lolo Jones core workout in runner's world, 5 times a week
4. workout of the day (1 day off per week)

The challenge is to do all of these every day for the month of March. You may notice that it is March 3rd and somehow I skipped 2 days of March (oops, I wasn't quite ready), so this March Madness will go through April 2nd. I can move workouts around when things come up, but unless there is a good reason, no skipping workouts allowed!

Today was day 1 and I'm off to a great start. I had an excellent spin class. I was running a little late this morning and scored the LAST bike, phew! During the class, I found myself amazed and wondering how this guy (Jeff) can get me to work so hard. I mean, really, there are about 50 of us in the room riding spin bikes. Would anyone really know or care if I just slacked off and did easy spinning the entire time? No! But somehow he really gets me to work hard, the entire time, down to the very last minute. He's that good. Anyway... I recovered a little with a snack (clean snack) and then did my long swim of 1200 meters. I feel like I got a total body workout that's for sure. My swimming is coming along. I am still working my way up to doing the long swims without rest. Right now I am splitting the workout into 3's and resting for about 15 seconds between. So today I did 8 laps, rest, 8 laps, rest, then 8 more laps. Of course, ended the session in the hot tub. Topped off the night with some core work while watching Barefoot Contessa, my favorite.

**Also, a quick note: I have had a migraine coming on throughout the day today. I'm really hoping it will be gone after a good night's sleep. :) Good night.