Wednesday, April 8

bold

Today I had 2 workouts. First up was the trainer ride. I had "short hills" on the schedule today. I set Tiki to a low gear and stood up and powered up "the hill" for 90 second intervals, 7 times. This workout went well, the intervals hurt, but they were short-lived so I guess I lived too.

Next workout was at the pool, 7x100 speed intervals. I decided today that I need to be bold at the pool every day. For whatever reason I was bold today. I walked in like I deserved to be there. I was determined to get this workout in and the lanes were full, swimmers were even standing on deck to wait for lanes. There was a half lane available and I asked if anyone was going to use it and they said, "go ahead" so I did. And then halfway through my set when the swim teacher needed to use that lane I got back in line and hopped right in to share with someone. I was bold. And as I was swimming, I decided, that is how I need to be at the pool. Slow, fast, swim noodle or doggie paddle... I deserve a lane and am going to get one dammit. Yeah.