Saturday, August 22

Long run with Todd

Today I met Todd for a 15 mile long run. It was a nice change of pace to run with someone and the miles went by fast and our pace was perfect. And speaking of perfect... the weather was so incredibly awesome! I am going to put an order in for that weather on marathon day! How great would that be. high 50s to start, light breeze, sunny. I loved it. Not too hot, but enough to get a good sweat. Absolutely perfecto.

The average pace was exactly 8:10 which is what my schedule called for. I was willing to be over or under a bit on this, so to hit it right on was a nice bonus. It felt good. Great confidence booster. Plus, looking at the splits later I realized that we settled into a nice, fast pace for miles 7-13, closer to 8 minute miles. I'm happy to see that because that's not too far off my hopeful marathon pace.

I'll take it. Back to a 20-miler next week but feelin' good at this point in the training schedule.