I'll keep you posted.
Wednesday, September 16
5 mile tempo, marathon goal?
I finally got my tempo workout in today after procrastinating a bit around the house. 5 miles at 7:25. Done! I realized today that I have hit all of my prescribed paces. On my long runs, track workouts and tempos. (Well, aside from that humid long run a couple days ago). When I started training for this marathon, I told myself I would do the training for a 3:25 marathon, knowing that I might use that as cushion and actually shoot for a 3:30. But, I told myself, if I hit all of my paces on all the different types of runs, I would go for the 3:25. So, right now, I am thinking about that and in the process of making that final decision. Although, I should mention that if the weather has any sort of craziness to it (humid, storming, crazy hot) I would adjust my goal and be realistic rather than stupid.