Tuesday, September 8
8-mile tempo run
I did my 8-mile tempo run today from the SLP Lifetime club. It worked out really well - I was able to jump on the greenway and then hook up with Cedar Lake right away. It was one of those days when it hits you that our city is loaded with areas to run. I love Minneapolis! The run wasn't full of a whole lotta love though, it was another tough one. My mind was working hard to get me to stop. I couldn't come up with a good enough excuse and knowing this was one of my last hard workouts, I really needed to get it done. These tempo paced runs seem to be the hardest for me. I realize today that I start them out a little too fast maybe and then miles 2-3 get tough knowing I have so much more to do. Somewhere around the halfway point, I seem to find my groove and actually feel like it's a comfortable pace. My pacing tends to be a bit inconsistent, so it's something to keep in mind. I think I should try to ease into the pace and then end with the fast miles. Easier said than done, but it could be a work in progress. This week is lookin' good so far... it's Tues and I have my tempo done, tomorrow night a good track workout, Thur a swim and Fri my long run with Todd. We're going to do 22 after the kids get off to school. We both want to get this done before the weekend when we head to Madison for the IM-Wisconsin. We are volunteering with plans to register the next day!!! The "crazies" head to Mad-town!!!