Sunday, September 6

cabin long run

I was able to fight off the little bug I was feeling last week, phew. I finished off last week feeling better than when it started. The fatigue eased a little and I'm feeling hopeful about this coming week, which is the last big week before the marathon until I start working my way down and then race day. We headed to the cabin for the weekend so I did my long run there... with Mike! This never happens! We always have to coordinate our runs and take turns, so with the kids back at the cabin sleeping and plenty of adults to watch them, we took advantage and ran together. It worked out well, my long run was a little speedier than usual and so it matched up better to Mike's pace. He was doing a 20-miler and I was doing a 15. Our goal pace was 8:00 miles. Mike went out earlier and did his first 5, then I took the Garmin to pace the 15. It was so much fun to run with him. It reminded me of back in the day. It's hard for me to keep up with his pace, so it was good for me. We had some slower miles at the beginning, but ended up making up for them and ended at exactly a 8:00 average pace. Nice work!