oops, it's been a while on the posts.
It's now mid-January and things are going well. Some ups and downs, but I'm happy with my fitness level right now. I'm also really becoming comfortable with the plan I have put in place. That is extremely important to me. I can't have the wavering of confidence as I build to my dream race. I am going to continue reading and researching and tweaking the plan as needed, but I am confident and feeling good.
A bit of a summary on the ups and downs this month... the weather has been a bit iffy. The first couple of weeks were way cold and with the roads icey and bumpy, it brought me back to the treadmill for my long run. I don't have a problem with the tready for a tempo or speed run, but a long run... that can be daunting. I had 18 on the schedule and so I broke it into 6 miles, 5 miles, 4 miles, then 3 mile intervals, switching treadmills to a new location each time. Then, this weekend brought "warm" temps and my 20 miler was outside in 30 degree weather!!! Yippee. The roads are still a bit messy, but the warm sun and temps helped tremendously. I've been hitting my goals and feel like this core and strength work is doing the trick. I feel stronger than ever. My long rides are getting up there, hit 1:20 this morning which reminds me that I really need to look into a new saddle. After 30 minutes, it starts to sting. Another "up" is that I am into my new Saucony's now... I LOVE new shoes. And I ordered some cool Nike Lunars. Did I mention that I love new shoes????
ok, so that should catch us up. A recovery week ahead which will bring my long bike back down to an hour and my long run to 13 miles... nice. I am looking forward to a nice break from the cold mid-Feb when we head to San Diego! Can't wait!!!